Monday, July 14, 2008

Fantastic efforts by Lifetime Fitness members today

Having spent the entire day so far at the Lifetime Fitness coordination desk, I have been continually amazed at the efforts of people who walked in and said "tell me where to go look"

Not only have people gone out and covered large areas of difficult terrain, but they've come back to update us on what they did manage to cover and in many cases have asked for additional areas to go back out and search.

With the rain starting an hour or so back, it's putting a damper on our efforts. Even so, the number of soaking wet searchers that still asked for more has been incredible.

However, the rain seems to have dampened the flow of new volunteers so we're going to consolidate our efforts to coordinate from the Java Jive location for the remainder of this afternoon and early evening.

Thanks to all of you for all the efforts to far.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lifetime Fitness staff and members are awesome! I went to BJ's today at crossroads and saw a flyer up.

Anonymous said...

All of us at Lifetime are worried and want to do anything to help! On behalf of the child center, we miss her and her girls and pray for a safe return!

. said...

Praying fervently for a happy outcome to Nancy's story.

Sending Love, Prayers, Peace and Positive Thoughts!

I am a blogger and am happy to post a link to Nancy's blog even though I'm in Tennessee.

If there is anything else I can do to help please do not hesitate to ask.

All My Best!
Claire

Anonymous said...

Have the police attempted to recover any surveilance video from any of the local businesses around her jogging route?

Anonymous said...

I just heard about this on the news. My heartfelt condolences to all of her family and friends. My heart ached when I saw those two beautiful children. Please know that we share your grief and pain.

A running mom in Atlanta

Anonymous said...

One of our Wrters at NowPublic has posted a story about Nancy at nowpublic.com The writer is an advocate of inding missing people and uses NowPublic.com (a crowd powered media site) to get more eyes on missing people.

Anonymous said...

Certainly the unfortunate late breaking news has brought a great sense of sadness among you who knew and loved your dear friend. Your efforts to find Nancy were a powerful reminder to those of us who live too far away to help, that there is a community that lives, breathes, loves, us all and in this day and time of fearful events, it's nice to know people like you exist.

Thank you so very much for giving me a story to tell my 2 year old when he grows up, about how people really used to care for one another and whose hearts were not made of stone and whose lives were not consumed with selfishness.

It takes a village to find a friend.

God Bless each of you.

Anonymous said...

I am a memeber of Lifetime Fitness and I use to see Nancy there. She will be missed dearly. God Bless her Family.