Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Received from http://www.safealone.org/home.html

I received this message from Paige Slocumb, who lost her sister to an attacker in Atlanta.

==================================================================

On Saturday, September 20, 2008 I am going to the Silver Comet Trail to give out carnations and safety cards. I'll also be giving away leftover T-shirts and taking donations for Safe Alone, Inc. I will be there from 8am to 1pm. I am planning on going even if it rains, but if it is really bad or storming I will go the next weekend.
Bring a bike or walk out and leave a carnation out on the trail. It makes a beautiful memorial.
Thanks,
Paige

MAVELL ROAD - START OF THE TRAIL
VERY WHEEL CHAIR ACCESSIBLE
Plans are underway to extend the trail one mile east to the Publix Shopping center located at the corner of South Cobb Drive and the East-West Connector. There will be parking, shops, and restaurants.
Take I-285 to exit number 15-South Cobb Drive. South Cobb Drive exit is near mile marker 14 on I-285. South Cobb Drive is Hwy. 280/ Smyrna/ Chattahoochee Tech. Go outside the perimeter away from the large smokestack, onto South Cobb Drive.
Go to mile marker 2.5 on South Cobb Drive.
Turn left on Cooper Lake Road and pass a small lake on the right. From the lake to Mavell Road is a short drive.
Turn left on Mavell Road (Nickajack Elementary).
Mavell Road dead-ends into the Silver Comet parking lot at the trail's starting point.

No comments: